Evaluation is tough. Critique is tough. But, in the Curatorial Practice MFA at MICA, students ask for more opportunities for evaluation and critique. If you are curious, this is some of what is happening so far:
• The students run a student reflection with faculty each semester.
• The Director's office door is always open for discussion, critique of the program, and critique of student work.
• Visitors and advisors meet regularly with students in the students' studio/offices.
• A local advisory committee reviews the student Practicums and the students select their own Thesis Review Committees to review their Thesis progress.
• The students write their own questionnaires as assessment tools for their final Thesis Review Committee Meetings.